Board And Train Programs
Our setting is quite unique with board and train being IN the trainer's home. We recently decided to scale down the volume of dogs so that we can focus more time and inclusion for your dog into daily life with me and my dogs. This means they are generally in my home for sleeping, TV time, while I do computer work, etc. This means they are getting true lifestyle training throughout the day.
We believe in training the whole dog for state of mind and enjoyment -- so we engage them in agility, scent work, treadmill, herding games, etc as needed to embrace their natural instincts. We leverage essential oils for your dog as needed. For the highly anxious dog and or those struggling with fear, we will introduce our Relaxation Techniques to help your dog relax on command. We aim for integration into our balanced pack for even more socialization and inclusion into our every day home life.
I have a climate controlled kennel room for indoor training sessions when the weather is inclement, 3 fenced areas for training, potty and play time that allows slow introductions and controlled interactions with my dogs. We have nature trails & wooded hikes, outings to retailers, hardware stores and parks for socialization and distraction proofing, and more. With summer weather we also swim with the dogs for even more confidence building.
I also just added a Myrtle Beach second home, which means your dog may get to go on with me and my dogs for a get away. It's a great place to practice walks, outings, recall!
Don't worry - we train you too -- and this is the most important step in the follow-up! Your commitment to the training program after you go home is essential.
Basic Dog Obedience & Manners -- 2 Week Program - $1895 (remote collar optional $180)
DOGS With MINOR, or NO, BeHAVIORAL ISSUES:
Sit/Stay -- wait patiently for permission
Down/Stay--manners at the vet, the cafe, grandma's, in the car
Come When Called (Life Saving Skill)
- Place: Calm on command, perfect for when guests arrive & during game night
- Walking Nicely on the Leash (Heel)
- Out (helps prevent chewing & resource guarding)
- Leave-It (prevents putting inappropriate items in mouth)
- Watch Me (focus under distractions)
We will also focus on any minor behavior issues, such as:
- Jumping, Nipping, Mouthing
- Excessive Barking
EVERY PROGRAM INVOLVES:
- Breed specific activities to address state of mind
- Socialization with other dogs and people
- play time
- structured walks
- Waiting for Food,
- Waiting at Thresholds (Doors, Car, Crate, etc).
- Duration work & quiet time
- Essential Oil Usage & Nutrition Review
- Includes: A 2 Hour Go-Home Lesson & 1 follow-up Lesson within 30 days of go-home lesson (held at K9 Coach), phone and email support and access to our private FB Group.
Dog Aggression & Behavior Modification Packages
3, 4, or more Week Programs available
$2495 or $3195 + $180 (remote collar)
Customized Dog Training Programs for dog with more complex behavioral issues including:
- Off Leash Dog Training -- It's an add on week from our Basic Obedience Training
- Resource Guarding (Food, Humans, Toys, Territory, etc)
- Leash Reactivity / Leash Aggression
- Fear-based Issues, Phobias, and Anxieties (minimum 3 weeks)
- Dog-to-Dog Aggression (minimum 4 weeks)
- Human Aggression (minimum 4 weeks)
- Separation Anxiety (call to discuss severity & in-home options*)
If you have a dog that has attacked a person or other animal, bitten humans or other animals multiple times, has intense resource guarding, or intent to do harm (including fear-aggression), please contact me so that we can discuss the severity of your dog’s aggression so that we can create a customized training program for your dog and family.
Board and Train programs are a deep immersion in a new daily way of life with consistent structure and leadership. Once we remove a dog from the environment, it can take up to a week for an aggressive, anxious, or fearful dog to begin to trust me and the start to adapt to the new requirements for leadership, rules, and boundaries. We want to have your dog basically detox and unwind, and start with a fresh slate, consistency and structure and support from a balanced pack. We then incorporate a significant series of outings and socialization experiences to address your dog's behavior effectively. We aim to create a lifestyle training program that helps your dog learn how to respond in new ways. A Board and Train is a great way to truly change all of the variables to start reshaping your dog’s state of mind and achieve the best resolution.
Our Behavioral Board and Train Programs include:
- All the commands and work in our obedience program
- Conditioned Relaxation Work as needed
- Free meet and greet / evaluation at the K9 Coach prior to registration (optional)
- Up to 30 minutes consultation with your and your dog prior to the start of training at drop off
- Hour Consult / Training While your dog is here for training -- preparation for your go-home lesson.
- A 2 Hour Go Home Lesson held at The K9 Coach Training Center, at the end of the program where we will transfer all of the information, techniques, and strategies to you to insure continued success. It is imperative that you follow the go-home instructions and stay in touch with us for success.
- Lifetime Aftercare: Unlimited Phone & Email Support, including video review as needed. access to our private FB group.
- Your First check in by phone within 2 weeks
- 1 Follow-up Training Lesson within 30 Days of Go-Home Lesson -- held at The K9 Coach
- 1 Weekday At Home Follow-up Lesson within 60 days (within 2 hours travel of The K9 Coach)
- Ask us about adding on addition in-home follow-up lessons for additional fee.
- Lifetime Aftercare -- phone, email, video, etc -- and may include a tune-up lesson at The K9 Coach by appointment only, M-F.
- 30 Day At Home Bootcamp Training Plan
- Free access to any pack walks or group classes, webinars
- Discount on any workshops